We would like to welcome you and your crew to Saudi Arabia, and wish you a nice stay in Yanbu, Jeddah, Duba, Rabigh and Jizan. In order to create a smooth and efficient contract with your agent, we like to set out the following guidelines for ease in transactions and mutual benefit.
Office Hours: –
Saturday to Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00 hours
Ramadan working hours: 10:00 – 15:00 hours
Orders & Ship’s Requirements: –
In order to avoid any disputes, you are kindly requested to place your requests, orders and services in writing, prior to arrival of vessel whenever possible, or to be delivered to our clerk attending the vessel on arrival.
- Drugs and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited, pornographic magazines, video movies, cameras, photos should be kept sealed in stores during vessel’s stay in port. Any breach to this may lead to a stringent punishment by Saudi Authorities.
- Female personnel should restrict their appearances outside their cabins and should be modestly dressed at all times. When going ashore personnel should dress in a modest manner, Shorts are not acceptable dressing. Ladies should dress in loose clothes that cover the neck to wrist and ankle and have their hair covered with a scarf.
- Fishing, going to wharf, leaving the ship without shore leave pass accompanied by an agent is strictly prohibited. Officers are allowed to check the draft for few minutes only.
Shore leave passes: –
Shore leave passes will be granted to ship’s crew at master’s request for the vessels that will stay more than 2 days in the port. Master has to fax a list of the crew members who wishes to go ashore with the request to the agent.
The list should include: –
- Full name
- Seaman book number
- Place and date of issue of Seaman book
(All data should be as per Seaman book)
Crew members that are not holding a valid seaman book will not be granted shore leave pass.
Master is required to report to Port Control on VHF Channels, and by telex to our office or to the Agent in charge.
Crew changes: –
Signing On: Owners or Crewing Agent should notify us three working days prior to sending any crew to the Kingdom, giving us full details as per Seaman book and flight schedule. On receipt of this information, we will apply to Immigration office to obtain Seaman Transit Visa and confirm approval to board the airline. When the crew arrives, they will be received by our representative at Airport, who will assist them until boarding the vessel.
Signing Off: A prior arrival notice should be given to us giving details of tentative repatriating crew. Master should deliver Seaman book for repatriating crew to Out Boarding Clerk, along with an official request, authorizing us to arrange signing off, transportation, air tickets.
Master to emphasize to repatriating crew not to carry restricted items in their luggage. This may lead to inspection and long procedural hassles while exiting Port gate.
Spare parts & Publication Supply Parcels: –
All parcels should be marked “Ship’s stores in transit”, addressed to vessel’s Master, c/o Faisal M. Higgi company (with our full address). Owners should give us a notice prior to arrival of the parcel to facilitate clearance in scheduled time.
In case master wants to disembark some parts, for repair/reconditioning, or transfer to other ship, it’s requested that we are given prior information providing complete details about the part: –
- Measurement, Marks & Numbers
- Commercial Value Oil & Bunker Samples
According to Custom requirements, a prior notice should be given to us. When our Boarding Clerk is back on board, he will receive the sample along with the value declaration.
We wish that the above, will be an easy guide to communicate with us for fulfilling your requirements. Assuring our best services and co-operation at all times.
Faisal M. Higgi & Associates Co., Ltd.
Your Local Port Agents